The Shure BETA 58A is a high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. It has become a leading choice among vocalists and touring professionals worldwide. The BETA 58A maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range. The BETA 58A has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. The superb performance of this microphone is not affected by rough handling because of its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille.
Designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording Shure Beta 58A high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone is a great choice for vocalists and touring professionals. Maintaining a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, the Beta 58A insures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. It has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. And its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille make it great for use on the stage.
The Shure Beta 58A vocal microphone.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Minimally effected by varying load impedance
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.6 mV) *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z Phasing. Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Case: Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished, spherical steel mesh grille.
- Adjustable, Stand Adapter: Slip-in microphone mounting, unbreakable, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8″-27 thread, black finish.
- Weight: 9.92 ounces
Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise output
Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
Minimally effected by varying load impedance
Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Big sound. Full sound. Sophisticated sound. Is your mic living up to the power of your vocal? For decades, the BETA 58A has been through the ringer, pushing voice to the forefront on the biggest stages in the world. For sound that commands the attention of the entire crowd, this is your microphone.
Also in the box: 1 – A25D Adjustable Stand Adapter, 1 – 95A2050 5/8” to 3/8” (Euro) Thread Adapter, and 1 – 26A21 Storage Bag